Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Valentine Family Getaway

We had a great Easter weekend (Thur-Sun) in Salt Lake. It was the Valentine Adult Getaway that Jed's parents had given us for Christmas. It was fun to relax, eat good food & and enjoy each other's company. We stayed at the Little America. The weather cooperated perfectly for the activities that were planned.

We had a beautiful day to visit Hogle Zoo and see all the animals.

Ate dinner at the Mayan and watched "Duplicity". Save your money... it's quite slow and confusing.

Most of us attended a session at the Salt Lake Temple. It's always great to attend the temple with family and especially be reminded of our ultimate goal.

Ate lunch at Iggy's Sports Grill

Paulette and I had pedicures done at the Gateway... and enjoyed every minute of it. Jed & Shane explored Dick's Sporting Goods and I'm pretty sure they enjoyed every minute also.

We watched the Jazz half heartedly play the Warriors, but still had a good time attending the game. (This was our first/last for the season).

Watched Music & the Spoken Word (Talease & Paulette attended) on Sunday morning then drove around trying to find some place to eat lunch that wasn't closed for Easter!

We met Landon off the freeway in Salt Lake to get the boys and then went out to Nathan & Mariann's for dinner and some games.

Thanks to our family for a wonderful time.
















Sadly... the only two pictures we took with each other... lovely!


And what about the kids?? They were enjoying their own festivities with Grandpa Mark & Grandma Carole. They played with cousins, visited the baby animals in Logan, hunted Easter eggs and forgot all about mom and dad!
They were spoiled rotten and then sent home! We missed them but loved having some time together with no strollers or time outs!

8 comments:

No Buckaroos said...

...looks like you had a great time - and so did we!

Denise said...

oh Katie. This looks like fun...and I adore your photos. eek. I can't wait to be your second shooter!!!

Aaron.Shara.Abby said...

Looks like a lot of fun! More pictures are needed

Tawnya said...

Looks like you guys had a ball!

Aaron.Shara.Abby said...

I still don't think my comment makes sense, I don't remember writing more pictures are needed!

The Valentine Fam said...

Must be the pregnancy Shara... it's better than asking if I'm going to "Baby Lap Sit"... although I'd love to come I just can't quite fit it into my schedule!

American Falls TaVaci said...

I love that glasses shot!

Chris Grover said...

now that looks like a nice get-away! very fun! and much needed to gear up for the fast-approaching new addition! can you believe we only have a few more weeks?! yikes! you look great, by the way!