Monday, April 06, 2009

Jokers...



Lucas is in to telling jokes. He loves knock knock jokes, but usually just repeats back to you the one you told him or combines a couple of them. Such as...

Lucas: Knock, Knock
Me: Who's there?
Lucas: Peas
Me: Peas who?
Lucas: Peas aren't you glad I didn't say banana

He's also big into making up jokes. Like...

Lucas: Why do animals live in the ocean?
Me: Why?
Lucas: Because they live in the sea (insert laughing).
And then he says after every joke... "How funny's that?!"

The other day I was getting Kody dressed and telling him that his shirt had snaps on it. Lucas responded with, "Well...my shirts all natural."

Lucas my dear,
You are a crack up!




Does this face not say GUILTY!

This would be a picture of Kody sneaking out of the play pen when he should have been taking a nap. He learned this naughty trick while visiting my parents a couple weekends ago. He has climbed out of the crib once right after we got home, but since then he's stayed put. I'm hoping to lure him to the single bed soon, but he's not quite sure about it yet. It'll have to be sooner than later with the baby coming!

Kodes doesn't say much... he's actually quite behind schedule according to the medical field. I have a feeling it's because his older brother does his talking for him. He's smart and knows exactly what you are saying or asking him to do. Just this past week he's started shaking his head no (which usually means yes), and I find it quite charming.

He loves to copy whatever Lucas is doing. He has so much personality and makes us laugh daily. Lucky for me, I have two little comedians to keep me entertained all day.


I love how much they love each other. Sometimes their actions would say otherwise, but when Lucas says "Kodes, give me a hug" or Kody walks up and gives Lucas a kiss (or raspberry) it makes it all worth it. I'm excited for Baby Boy #3 to meet his brothers!

I love my boys!

And speaking of baby.... here's a picture me with exactly 2 months to go. I'm getting more and more uncomfortable and I feel much bigger than my first 2. I know it's to be expected, but still...

he's an active little guy and likes to make sure I know he's there! I love being able to feel him and see my tummy move, but sometimes my ribs (and bladder) could use a little less abuse! We have lots to still do before he comes so we'd like him to not pull a 'Lucas' on us!



And a picture of me and Jed...

He's keeping the road to Logan hot. Pretty soon he's going to have a chore list to do at my parents since he's all but taken up permanent residence there! On the days that he's gone, we miss him, but are extremely grateful to have a job!


4 comments:

Aaron.Shara.Abby said...

Wish I could see those jokers more often! So cute.

Tawnya said...

Oh is is too funny! This is one he told me the other day:
Why does the hippo live in the sea?
Because it lives in the trees? That's funny, right Tawnya?
he always makes me laugh!

No Buckaroos said...

Can't wait to see the little jokesters tomorrow! I'll have to think of some new jokes to share!

Kimber said...

I remember my kids went through that phase of making up their own jokes, too.

Your boys are so cute!