Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Adults Only...

It's taken me forever to finally get this post done! Last Sunday, Jed & I returned from San Diego. This would be my first time stepping foot into the sunny state! Me and my sisters decided it was time we take a couples vacation. We left the kids at home (technically in St. George with Grandpa & Grandma Valentine) and enjoyed every minute of our kids-less adventure. I missed my boys and I especially loved hearing Lucas' voice over the phone... seriously the cutest thing ever, but it was great to spend to with just Jed.

We left Salt Lake on Wednesday morning flying the luxurious Jet Blue. It should be mandatory that all airlines have a built in TV and an extra 3 inches of legroom! Our motel was perfectly located within minutes (literally) of almost everything we did. We walked to Old Town for some yummy Mexican food while we waited for our rooms to be available. We visited Mission beach to explore the possibilities. The boys & Nappy were enticed by the Flowrider and made plans to ride it on "beach day"! We also visited the San Diego temple that night. They aren't kidding when they say you drive around a corner and there it is. It was beautiful.

Thursday began at "Breakfast with Shamu". The best orange juice ever, yummy biscuits and gravy and our own personal show from two of the "shamu family". We spent the rest of the day at Sea World checking out as much as we could. All the shows were awesome. It's incredible to watch them work with such amazingly large animals and teach them with just a simple hand gesture. We rode the Atlantis and Jess & I was officially soaked from head to toe. Everyone else became just as wet when we rode Shipwreck. We laughed hard! That night we ate in Little Italy.

Friday morning we went down to Seaport Village. We saw the USS Midway Aircraft Carrier, Star of India & other not so significant boats in between. Jed and I bought an expensive Ben & Jerry's small cup of ice cream, but it validated our parking so it was worth it! After that we headed to the beach where Jed, Aaron, Landon & Nappy wanted to impress us with there surfing skills. nananananananananana.....WIPE OUT! Laugh. Out. Loud. Funny! I was just glad no one broke a bone. San Diego is not an in-network provider! They had a blast though. We spent the next couple of hours hanging on the beach. A few decided to venture in the water, but it was much to cold for this gal! Jed, Landon & Tawn had fun trying to catch the waves on a boogie board. That night we drove to La Jolla to the tide pools, although we didn't get there with much light left, it was still fun to see the outline of the seals sitting on the rocks.

We spent Saturday at Sea World again seeing the sites we didn't get to the first time. We rode Atlantis again, but came prepared with ponchos (thanks Mom!) We ate lunch in Old Town at another Mexican restaurant and than when back to Sea World for Shamu Rocks! Very cool.

Late nights were out of the question, everyone was falling asleep, but the days were jam packed and we loved it! Other than getting sick and throwing up in a paper bag on the plane while waiting to get off, our Sunday was quite uneventful. Shara, Aaron & Nappy, on the other hand, had an awful time getting home!

We want to thank Shara & Aaron for a terrific 1st couples vacation. And thank you Aaron for being an awesome navigator. If it had been us, we would have never left the motel room! Thank you also to Steve & Paulette for watching the boys, they had a blast down there. We really appreciate it. Apparently it's our turn in 2 years... Spanish Fork Canyon, here we come!

Prepare for a serious picture overload...







































THE END!




12 comments:

No Buckaroos said...

Cute END! What a blast we had!

acte gratuit said...

Man, I'm homesick...!

Tawnya said...

Shamu Shamu cha cha cha! Lots of fun!

Lifes Great Adventures said...

Looks like a great fun trip! Good for you guys! I love San Diego- I've been there but not in a really long time though! Your pictures make me want to go back really soon. I love the temple there its my favorite!
Destiny

Stephanie said...

What a great opportunity to have a vaca with the hubby. It looks like you all had a blast! You guys are so cute together!

Kimber said...

What a fun trip, and I'm so glad that you two were able to live the kiddos behind! I think every couple needs their "alone time" - especially if you have very young children :)

Aaron.Shara.Abby said...

Oh man this was so fun...i seriously can't wait for two years!

Crystal said...

Cute pictures! What a fun trip!

Paulette said...

We are so glad you have had such a great time. It looks like it was a great vacation.

The Beatty Beehive said...

I love San Diego! Yes! I would be the one in front on Atlantis and Rick was the one laughing his head off when I looked like a drowned rat.
Loved your kissing pose with the statue, did you practice long?
Sounds like a really great time!

Anonymous said...

I think it's so great that your family was able to go on a vacation and ADULT only vacation. That's so nice. Maybe some day for us!! ;)

Chris Grover said...

now that is a GREAT idea! it looks sooo fun and who better to spend a vacation like that with than family! man, do i love that part of cali too -- it's so gorgeous! did shamu splash you? beautiful pics too!