Yesterday I had a (little) creative bug hit me. Lucas got this height board for his birthday, but I had never taken the time to paint it and make it all fun. It's just been standing in his closest. Since I now know what I'm decorating his room like, I decided to make it a jungle theme also. I love how it turned out. It matches perfectly in his room. Lucas helped me pick out the already painted animals at Roberts yesterday. I was so happy they had some...I didn't want to paint them!! I had decided that I wanted to outline the numbers so they would stand out...dumb idea! Although I love it now, I didn't realize just how long it was going to take...FOREVER! I was up till about 11:30 last night putting it altogether. Once I started, I couldn't stop until it was all done. Now I need to hang it and then find how tall Lucas was when he was 1 and 2 so I can mark them.
**Side note...Lucas just woke up and is not happy that his animals are glued on to the board! He told me to "get it" so he can play with them. He loved playing with them yesterday! Notice what time I was gluing them on at...need him to be asleep so I could steal them back!
**Side note...Lucas just woke up and is not happy that his animals are glued on to the board! He told me to "get it" so he can play with them. He loved playing with them yesterday! Notice what time I was gluing them on at...need him to be asleep so I could steal them back!
In other Valentine Fam projects...we are starting on our yard. That is a huge project...mostly cause it consists of a million different projects combined! Jed has spent a lot of time raking and I'm happy to report that the front and most of the side yard are now rock free...at least big rocks! I can't believe how many wheelbarrows of rocks Jed has already hauled! He dug out some pretty big ones yesterday. I'm hoping that the first weekend in May we'll start pouring the concrete. We bought some 2x4's the other day so that we can frame where everything it going to go...patio, dog run, and expanded driveway/sidewalk (our drive way is pretty narrow).
I turned in our drawing of the yard to a place that is doing the sprinkler design for FREE and an estimate on parts! It should be done sometime this week. We have to wait until the concrete is done, but at least we'll know how much to plan for. There is a guy in our ward who also does the trenching. We'll definitely be hiring him!!
Slowly, but surely it's coming together. We'll probably plant grass in the fall, although I'm sad that we won't have any for summer. It's cheaper that way!

Lucas loves to help!!
Face he makes every time a rock hits the wheelbarrow!







5 comments:
Wow, you've been busy! I love Lucas' height thing -- the animals make it soooo cute! I hear ya on the yard. While we DID have grass and a few trees in our yard when we bought our house, we still have a ton we want to do to it. We will see how much motivation we can muster for this weekend!
Cute board - lots of painting! I picked up the quilts today from Grams! They are so cute. Your yard is coming together!
Cute height board. Good luck with your yard. I'm sure the end result will be well worth the hard work.
Cute little board. You must be in the nesting phase and wanting to get everthing done! I am sure Lucas will like dirt this summer too!
It's finally done! It turned out super cute.
Post a Comment