Tuesday, April 03, 2007

General Conference Weekend

I always love this weekend. I remember growing up and how my parents would have to bribe us to sit in front of the T.V. We use to play conference BINGO with skittles or M&M's. Very rarely did we ever make it through an entire session without giving up and eating all the candies on our card! It seems like the older I get, the more and more I LOVE conference. Each two hour block goes by rather quickly and I find myself listening and enjoying every talk. And of coures, it always seems that they are written just for me! This conference was no exception! I'm not going to lie...it was especially nice to get to sleep in SUNDAY (at least to 8:00). Our ward starts at 8:00 in the MORNING! Sunday is the one day during the week that I actually have to set my alarm!

Saturday, after the second session and before the Priesthood session, we went to dinner with our friends Chad & Alicia. We ate a very delicious meal at Goodwood! The men went to the session here in Spanish and the girls went to a clothing party in Salem. I was really good though and didn't buy a thing!! Although, I did buy some capri's from Costco a couple of days before! I don't know what it is with me and clothes these days...I'm addicted to good deals!!

On Sunday we drove to Helper to visit Mariann & Nathan (Jed's sister). Jed's parents were also there. We had a very yummy BBQ! They took us to a new Dino park in Price. It was amazing! Every town should have a playground like this! Lucas had the time of his life going down the slides, playing on the swings, and just plain running around! It was hillarious to watch him go down some of the big slides...they were so fast that he would literally get spit him out at the end. He always wanted more though! He got a little freaked out when Mariann ran underneath his swing...it was pretty funny! After that he wouldn't let her out of his sight! Thanks Nate & Mariann...we had a great time!


3 comments:

Lissagerl said...

I remember the Conference bingo, too. I keep waiting until my kids are old enough to do it to. Then it gives everyone a reason to watch it. Maybe I could give Chris a card too. haha just kidding.

No Buckaroos said...

I let Gracie and Maddie use them Sunday! They had your names on them (Katie, Shara, Tawnya and Melissa!) Couldn't believe I still had them.
Cute pictures at the park.

wurtz said...

Sounds like you a great Sunday. I love Conference weekends, too. Cute pictures of the park.