Thursday, March 17, 2011

Pink vs. Blue

This past Tuesday was our 20 week ultrasound.  Before going, I asked Kody if he wanted a little brother or sister.  He said "I want a little brother just like me".  Um.... no!  We have enough Kody's in this house!!  I love that little boy... he is so much fun (and SO active)!  Lucas was sure it was a girl.  I'm not sure you could have convinced him any other way.  Jed wanted a girl, especially if this ends up being our last.  I was happy either way.  I mostly get nervous that something will be wrong so even though I like to find out, I'm more happy with a healthy baby.

We took all the kids with us to find out.  Ryker could have cared less, so it was a good thing we had him in the stroller to keep him contained.  Kody was only interested in bits and pieces and mostly liked to try and play with the dimming lights.... good thing Jed has quick hands to control that one!  Lucas was very intersted and liked to see the baby on the monitor.

The tech always points out everything she's looking at.  It always amazes me that they know what they are looking at when half the time I see mumble jumble!  Everything looks good and that makes me happy.  Although, this baby seems to be missing a part!  That's right... we're having a GIRL!!  I'm a little nervous with the unexpected, but excited for her to join our family.

And Lucas can't stop smiling!!

7 comments:

No Buckaroos said...

She's so lucky to have 3 big brothers to look after her!

Nicole said...

How exciting Katie! She will be the best protected girl ever. Congrats and best of luck!!

Jamie said...

YAY! So excited for your whole family!

Aaron.Shara.Abby said...

We are so excited for this little Valentine girl to join this family!!

Marsha said...

Hey, I just found out you're having a girl! That's exciting. You will now be the exact opposite of us!

It's fun having 3 girls, but it's a breath of fresh air having a little guy now. (except the clothes for boys aren't nearly as fun!)

Denise said...

how fun! congratulations!!!

wurtz said...

Congratulations! So happy for you guys!