Friday, March 11, 2011

A Few of My Favorite Things...

It's been a while since I've done a post on some of the things I love right now...

My Lilac Clothing Jeans are seriously my favorite pair of jeans that I own.  They are the most comfortable things in the world and so darn cute.  I may be pregnant now, but I started wearing these before I was pregnant and loved them then too.  They may look like maternity pants, but they are definitely made for everyone.  My mom and sister both own a pair... and they're not expecting!  I bought mine at Costco during their roadshow last fall for much cheaper.  Although I love them, I'm not sure I could fork out the full price for these things!  I would recommend these things to EVERYONE!  Below are the pants I have.


Lately I've been on cooking/meal planning kick.  Which is a good thing cause we've been a tighter budget so having things planned makes for a much better grocery bill.  My favorite place to find new meals is at Our Best Bites.  I also have their cookbook and it's fabulous!  A few of our favorites our the Spicy Honey Chicken (and the salad that you can make it in to), Chicken Fajitas (website only), Brazilian Limeade, Balsamic Asparagus, Oven Steak Fries, Asian BBQ Chicken... I could go on and on!  Almost everything I've made so far has been awesome.


Another one of my favorites right now is my Camelbak water bottle.  Jed, I and the kids all got one for Christmas, we definitely drink more water with these around.  Love it!!



Next on my list of favorites is my Lemon & Lime Squeezers.  With all the cooking I've been doing lately, I seriously could not survive with out them.  Well, I probably could survive... barely!  I bought both of mine at Walmart.  I actually had the lime one first and then realized I needed something to do lemons too, so I bought the other one.  You definitely could get away with just having the lemon one since it's big enough to do both.
Another thing I hope becomes one of my favorites is the Shaklee Basic H2 and the Scour Off.  I recently bought this after seeing it on a bunch of blogs.  Some people swear by the stuff and I thought I'd give it a shot.  Plus... the bottle lasts forever cause it's so highly concentrated.  So far I've used it a ton in the kitchen, but it's only been for a couple of weeks, so we'll see if I can start to tell a difference soon.


And while we're on the topic of cleaners, I have to give a shout to my favorite Tilex Bathroom Cleaner.  For some reason I just feel like this does the best all around job in the bathroom, especially on the tub.

And there you have it.  A few of my favorite things right now.  I'm sure if I sat down to think about it some more I could come up with a lot more, but why share all my secrets!  (Plus it's already taken me 4 hours just to get this much posted!)

4 comments:

Sperry Family said...

Fun to see you blogging again. Congrats on your pregnancy!

No Buckaroos said...

I just saw that cookbook at Deseret Book today as I was browsing. I do love my "pajama" pants too - thank you very much! Thanks for sharing your secrets - and updating your blog! (Feel free to update my header anytime!)

kate said...

So glad to see you! Had fun reading. See you again soon?

Chris Grover said...

wait up a minute...you're pregnant?! where have i been?! CONGRATS, katie!! that is awesome! when are you due, do you know the sex, how are you feeling?! so glad to see an update and that you're doing well! now i want to hear more about this baby!