Tuesday, March 08, 2011

A Bittersweet Sunday

This past Sunday they released our Bishopric and I know for me it was a little bittersweet.  Jed has loved serving as the 2nd Counselor to Bishop McGhie and along side Bro. Gallacher.  Technically they had a couple more years to go, but Bishop McGhie and his family will be moving soon.

It has been such a blessing to have him in a calling that he absolutely loved.  He never complained about meetings because he knew that once he got there he'd have a good time.  Sometimes I wonder how they got anything done with all the jokes and stories they had to tell... especially since they all seemed to find the same things really funny!  But aside from the fun, they did a fabulous job.

It's a testimony to me how the Lord knows exactly where we're suppose to be at certain times our lives.  This was one of those times.  I think back a year ago to when we were contemplating the possibility of moving.  He wasn't happy in his job, we didn't feel established in Spanish Fork, and our lack friends in the neighborhood/ward was frustrating (although this one was definitely our problem for being unsocial!).  And then... the Lord answered our prayers with Jed's call to the Bishopric and one week later my call to serve as the RS Meeting Coordinator.  It was the kick-in-the-pants we needed to realize we were in the right spot and we were here for a reason.

We've been blessed beyond measure with all the friends we've made over the last year!  We've found a love for where we are and now we don't want to move.  When Jed lost his job in May, we prayed that he'd find something that would allow us to stay.

Although this short chapter is over, we look forward to what lies ahead.  And I'm definitely looking forward to Sundays when he can help get the kids ready AND wrestle them on the bench.  That's one part I'm not going to miss!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Good to hear from you! Love the header. It definitely sounds like Jed and your family had a wonderful experience with Jed's calling. Hope you are doing well!

Sperry Family said...

I'm sure Jed did a great job! Things always seem to work out. I am the RS meeting coordinator too. If you have any good ideas, please pass them my way.

No Buckaroos said...

What great memories and friends you've made!