Sunday, December 06, 2009

Happy Birthday Lucas...


The big 5!  Where has the time gone.  It seems like yesterday you suprised us when you decided to come 4 1/2 weeks early and you have continued to suprise us every day since.

You are so full of happiness.  You love to make people smile and laugh.  You're quite the comedian (you get that from your mom!) and love to tell jokes.  You love being a big brother and your little brothers look up to you a lot.  Kody loves to do exactly what you are doing and be right by your side.  He loves you so much.  You adore Ryker and he adores you.  I love when I hear you say "it's okay, big brother's here" or when I hear you sing to him.  It makes me so happy.

You love learn at preschool and church.  You have made some great friends (and girlfriends).  You are learning how to spell new words all the time.  You get so excited when you figure out what a word says and I can't help but smile at your excitement.  I'm sure I mention this often, but you seriously have one of the best memories... EVER!  It doesn't take long before you can recite back a book, movie, song, joke, etc.  This is not always good for mom and dad since you remember things that we promised 2 years ago! 

You love to have fun.  You want to make everything into a game.  Especially when we are cleaning!!  I don't blame you... it's a lot funner when we play a game.  You're addicted to the wii and could play it all day long if your mom and dad would let you.  Puzzles are one of your favorite things and you're really good at them.  You love, Love, LOVE, movies!  I'm not sure that you have a favorite because you'll watch just about anything you can.

You can eat pretty much all day long.  You do love treats, but most of the time you want apples, celery, cheese, bananas or pickles to snack on.  It's a good thing you like the healthy things to snack on cause your downfall is rootbeer, but you don't get it nearly as often as you'd like!  You request, pizza, enchiladas and pasta quite a bit for dinner.  You are an awesome eater and I'm so thankful for that!!

I'm so glad you chose to be in our family for forever.  You are my favorite Lucas and I love so much.

Happy Birthday buddy!

(pictures to come later... when we're home from disneyland!)

3 comments:

Kimber said...

Happy Birthday, Lucas! You are growing up so fast!

No Buckaroos said...

Hope you're feeling better - can't wait to hear about your trip. You are our favorite Lucas too!

Aaron.Shara.Abby said...

Happy Birthday Lucas! I'm excited to see pictures from the big trip to Disneyland!!