Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas Rundown

I didn't pull my camera out very much during the holidays since my mom got a new one for Christmas and it was a bit more convienient to just use hers.  I might have to steal more from her when I got to do my blog book... at some point this year!

We had a wonderful Christmas with my family.  It's so fun when we all can be together.  It wouldn't be a Nicholas Christmas if we didn't get the flu.  My kids came down with it the day before we were to head to Honeyville.  Shara thought I was playing a joke on her when I texted her that Kody had just thrown up.  By the end of the day he had thrown up 6 times and Lucas 3 times.  Fun times for their mother!!  Luckily I was prepared after the first couple and I was able to get a bowl in front of them.  It ended up circulating through everyone.  Even as I type this I'm laughing... it is seriously the most bizarre thing.  Never fails... Nicholas family together = Flu (no matter the time of year). 

The good part was that everyone stayed healthy Christmas Eve and Christmas Day... and than it began.  We got up to my parents Christmas Eve, just in time for a yummy Rib dinner.  We opened our P.J.'s and then had a little program of the Christmas story.  Shara read her new Christmas book, and as you can see, Lucas was the only one actually paying attention!  Afterwards we played the wii (when the kids were in bed).




Christmas morning was great.  The kids loved it.  It's so fun when they know what is going on you can feel their excitement.  Lucas got a fun Hyperdash game and Kody got a new scooter.  Ryker could have cared less.  The rest of the day was spent playing and relaxing.




The rest of the week was spent visiting with family, attending the Nicholas family Christmas party, Avatar (the boys), bracelets (the girls), and sledding.  We played lots of games and laughed a whole lot. 



Aren't these two the cutest...
(Ryker got his first tooth over Christmas and was constantly feeling it with his tongue.  Hence tongue in almost all the pictures.)

1 comment:

Aaron.Shara.Abby said...

Yes it was the Christmas rundown or throw up! It still makes me laugh every single time too!