Thursday, March 19, 2009

Health Fairy... please visit!

We just can't quite seem to catch a break from co-pay's and prescriptions at the Valentine household!

And it's only March...

I took Kody to the dr. yesterday. For the last few days he's had a yucky nose, a fever high enough to fry an egg, a pretty bad cough and was extremely agitated! And to top it off... I could smell something (which reminded me to much of Lucas' horrible e-coli smell) and knew something was going on. You know he's sick when he'll lay on the couch and not move for an hour or more. And, in true child fashion, he didn't even act sick while at the doctor. It's a good think Dr. B could see past his little facade and determined he had an ear infection... in both ears (explains the smell) and croup! Lovely!

Lucas didn't see the need to be left out and started coughing yesterday afternoon... hopefully this will be short lived. Until then, we'll enjoy the sound of a couple barking seals.


And on a brighter note... Happy birthday to my amazing mom, yesterday! We love you and hope you had a terrific day. I'm pretty sure the knock-knock jokes were the best part! Your present will be done sometime before your next birthday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow you guys really can't catch a break can you? Hope he, they, get better soon.

The Perkins said...

How frustrating!! You guys are still coming down this weekend, right? I sure hope so....we miss you!