Last week was not fun though! I didn't realize how much I needed that break when Jed walks through the door at night. I know my poor children were ready for their dad to come home! I spent the week working on one of my biggest weaknesses... patience! Due to some serious illness, (I diagnosed as Bronchitis!) Lucas wasn't able to go back to preschool although he desperately wanted too and I really wanted to send him! Between me and the two boys, we went through lots of tissues and and even more vicks vapor rub! But... we made it and lucky for Jed, he was able to avoid our germs. Tawnya so kindly offered to watch the boys while Jed & I went out Friday night after he got home. It was nice to spend time together and the boys had a great time at Tawn's... as always!
This week was a little different. Our noses were finally drying up. We went to our ward as a family for the first time since December. Jed left again Monday morning for Logan. Lucas was able to go back to preschool for the first time since before Christmas... and he's the VIP this week. When we were filling out his poster I asked him what he wanted to be when he grows up. His response... " a doctor's appointment". That ought to be fun! They are having a Valentine's party today and he can hardly wait to hand out his Valentine's to all his friends. Lucas & I picked Shara & Abby up from the airport on Monday. It's been great spending some time with them and letting the cousins play. Poor Shara... I'm not sure she'll ever come back. Every time she comes, she ends up with the flu and this trip was no exception. She spent yesterday in bed or on the couch. My mom came down on Tues. and took her, Abby, Kody & Reese back up to their house yesterday. We're hoping it doesn't spread to everyone else... fingers crossed! We have some serious projects planned so we need everyone healthy!

Since it was just Lucas and I last night, we went on a mother/son date! I took him to see the children's play "101 Dalmatians" at the high school. We had so much fun. I should have taken my camera so you could have seen his face. He loved the play. It lasted about 45 minutes with a 10 minute intermission. The perfect length for kids. It was great to spend time with just him and I. He can challenge me quite often, but in the end, he melts my heart... especially when he calls me "momma". Although... he did tell me I was "huge" yesterday! And out of nowhere last night he asked why hippos are so "plumpy". Always making us laugh!
A couple weeks ago I spent a few days at my parents house while Jed was suppose to be working in Logan... it didn't quite work out the way we wanted it too... so technically we've seen each other about 5 days in the last 3 weeks! But that's beside the point... Lucas was promised that when he got better, he could go pick out some new cowboys boots since his are a bit small now. Grandpa Mark (and grama Carole) took him try some on. He came home with some pretty fancy boots and a new hat. His old hat was passed down to Kodes. Here's a couple pictures of my "rootin' tootin' cowboys" as per Lucas!


Not sure about Lucas' face...

6 comments:
I hope that you can see more of Jed soon; Del was gone a lot with Acclamation, so I know what it's like to be being stuck at home for days at a time with a bunch of young kids :)
Sounds like you've had a fun and eventful week or two. Tell the boys we love their new hats. Hope they had a great Valentine's party.
Paulette
That is a super funny picture of Lucas. I am with you--I have no idea how single parents do it. I look forward to that break when John gets home to quickly finish dinner. It's great!
Your boys are very cute. I was just looking at dates for the reunion and I was wondering how you guys would feel if I arranged a basketball game for all the boys who want to play. I was thinking like 9PM or 10PM friday night. I don't want to conflict with anything that is being planned. Let me know what time you think it will be done on Friday. Another thought is like 9 AM on Saturday morning. That actually might be better. So anyway we are excited thank you for all your work.
Ryan
I don't know how single parents do it either. I would die if I only saw my husband 5 days out of 3 weeks. Your a trooper. Cute pictures of the cousins.
Single parenting is not for me! Those are sure cute pictures! Is Jed back up in Logain?
Post a Comment