
Just when you think things are going good and life couldn't get any better, something always seems to happen. Well that something happened to us this past week. May 9th was our first visit to the doctor for the pregnancy, and of course we were excited. We didn't leave the doctor's office as excited though. Dr. Glenn couldn't find a heartbeat so he sent us for an ultrasound. It turned out that it was not a viable pregancy. I should have been 11 weeks along, but the baby had stopped growing about 6 weeks. Dr. Glenn scheduled me for surgery and I had that done the next day. I could have waited it out, but I probably would have still had to have the D&C. I justed wanted to be done with it. My mom came down and stayed with us for a couple of days. She was a huge help with Lucas. 25% percent of pregnancies end with a miscarriage. I didn't realize how high it was. Dr. Glenn is a wonderful doctor and I'm grateful for his help with all of this.
Mother's Day was not the easiest for me this year. I am truly blessed to have Jed and Lucas in my life. They mean so much to me. I am also thankful for our own mothers. They are wonderful moms and we appreciate everything they do for us. We are very blessed to have such a wonderful family. We love you all and appreciate all the love that has been shown to us this past week. It means a lot to us.

1 comment:
Katie, your positive outlook on everything is really great. I know this has been such a difficult thing for you and I'm really sorry. If you ever need to talk about anything, you know I understand! Hang in there, girl!
Post a Comment