Hadley, Hadley, Hadley... you're growing up way to fast. Please stop... oh wait, she did!
Yesterday was her 6 months check up and found out she's not doing so good on the gaining scale.
Weight: 12.3 lbs (some where in the less than 1% or lower)
Height: 25 in (less than 25%)
Head: 15 3/4 in. (less that 3%)
Put those all together and we have a little girl that has completely fallen off the charts! And here I just thought she was just my petite little thing. So, I was told yesterday that she has to go on formula. I'm really bummed for 2 reasons:
1. Because I was determined to nurse longer with her. At least until her teeth started coming in.
2. Because I didn't want to add formula to an already tight budget.
But my plan backfired!
Here's the problem... this little girl will not take a bottle. Partly might fault. My pump broke after Ryker and so I haven't pumped at all with her therefore she's never needed a bottle. When I tried to give her one a month or so ago, she gagged. The taste of formula makes her gag. Any sort of cereal or baby food makes her gag. Many times the gagging is accompanied by throwing up. We have our work cut out for us. Hopefully I can start pumping today so that maybe with breast milk and a bottle she'll be more likely to take it. Fingers crossed. If not, I have to feed her from a cup and that just sounds like a mess!! Slowly I'll be working formula into the mix and we'll head back for a weight check in 2 weeks.
So what's the "skinny" on my milk problem? Not really sure. It could be one of two things. Either I'm no longer producing enough to support her growing body, or my milk has very little calories in it this go round. I'm leaning towards the second only because she doesn't act likes she's starving. Who knows! Maybe she's like Lucas who lost almost a pound after he was born and didn't gain any back til we started supplementing with formula. Or maybe my body isn't cut out for nursing past 6 months since that's when I stopped with Kody & Ryker. Either way, she's too small and we have to do something about it. The doctor did say to hold off on solid foods for now until we can get her on switched to formula and gaining weight.
Now on to the fun list!
At 6 months:
1. She wakes up the happiest, smiliest baby ever!
2. She still loves to be swaddled and sleeps so good when she is. This will be hard one for me to break if it means her waking up a lot.
3. She loves her binky!
4. She's starting to move in circles on the floor.
5. She knows when she's being held by a brother.... one 2 year old in particular... and doesn't like it one bit!
6. She's getting some wispy hair on top. Some days I think she'll be brown but other days the hair growing in looks a little blonde. Time will tell.
7. She wants to eat really bad, but doesn't like it in her mouth. Although she did such on a pizza crust the other day.
8. She's still a spitter. Another reason why I'm not excited about formula... spit up stinks (and so does their poop).
9. She lets me still glue bows in her hair and she's okay with headbands.
10. She is the best dressed little girl! I love all her little little shoes, baby leggs, cardigans, jeggings, etc.
11. She melts us each time she smiles or laughs. She has the cute smile ever.
12. She can sit up for short periods of time.
13. She's the most easy going, relaxed baby who doesn't cry unless there's a reason.
14. She has 4 boys in the his house wrapped around her finger!
We love you Miss Hadley! We are so glad you are part of our family.
Saturday, February 04, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
At least her cheeks are chubby! Love you too little missy!
Adorable! Now go feed that poor starving baby!
Hi Katie! It's been a long time since I've said hello! Just reading up about poor Lucas! Man, what a crazy time he has had! I'm so glad he's ok -- and that you survived it too! And little Hadley -- she is just so cute! Aren't girls dangerously fun to dress up and pamper?! My girls are always way down on the weight scale too, but they always seem to beef up! I'm sure Hadley will too! It's nice to be able to check your blog and see how your growing family is doing! Hope all is well! Miss ya!
Post a Comment