It feels so good to be home! 5 days of staring down hospital walls is enough for me to take. To think I did 10 days of this 3 years ago... how did I not go crazy!
Lucas did so good through the night and stayed completely off the oxygen. Dr. Bennett came in this morning and gave us the run down of everything we need to do once we get home. He needs to stay on his Asthma medicine (2 of them) for the next few days and then maintain for the rest of the winter. He'll also be taking a steroid for the next 3 days.
I had them take his O2 stat right before we left and it was at 91. Not great, but good enough to go home. It will continue to increase as he also gets over the wheezing and coughing.
He was very excited to leave, but now that were home, I think he's missing the x-box and the freedom to play it whenever.
Just as I pulled into the driveway this morning, the hospital called and told me I had left my phone charger. So back to the hospital I went. Just couldn't get enough of the place! Good thing we were at the hospital in Payson.
Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Glad you are home! That's some scary stuff!
Glad he's getting better Katie! love you all.
So glad he is back to school and feeling better. Prayers are answered.
Post a Comment