How cute is our little girl??!! We're so glad she's here and all is well.
She arrived this afternoon at 12:10 weighing in at 7lbs 14ozs and 18 1/2 inches. She came out using her set of lungs and has used them several times since! Hopefully she's getting it all out now!! :)
The hospital called this morning and wanted us here by 7:00. When we arrived, we had to wait a bit and didn't actually get into our room until 7:30. I had the best delivery nurse, Emily. She was extremely nice and easy to visit with. When I arrived I was at a 4.
She started the antibiotics about 8:15 since I needed 4 hours for the Group B. She started me on a very low dose of pitocin about 20 minutes later and then upped it about a 1/2 hour later.
About 10:30 Dr. Glenn came into check on me. He said that he wasn't going to break my water since I deliver so quickly and I needed to make the 4 hour mark. I requested an epidural about this time too when I started feeling the contracts more frequently and harder. At this point I was at a 6 and knew if I didn't get it then, I would most likely start feeling everything before he could get in there. The anesthesiologist was awesome! He finished about 11 and although the epidural is extremely uncomfortable, he was by far the fastest and least painful I've had.
About 11:20 I started to feel things! I called for my nurse, but she was with another patient at the time. About 20 minutes later I called again cause I was really feeling it now! Another nurse came in along with the resident doctor. She took one look and said don't move and keep your legs closed!! My water had broke and she was coming. They called Dr. Glenn while the other Dr. prepped and got ready just in case. My nurse came in and started the 2nd dose of antibiotics and ran it extremely fast through me so that hopefully it's been in before she delivered. It seemed like forever before Dr. Glenn showed up. It wasn't long after that I pushed 1 1/2 times and she was out. The resident Dr. actually delivered her with Dr. Glenn walking him through it. Unfortunately there was meconium so they told Jed he couldn't cut the cord. So far he is 0 for 4 with our kids! When they said this I actually chuckled a bit.
She is perfect and I couldn't help but love her instantly. She has chubby cheeks and I think she looks a bit like Ryker, Jed says Kody with a hint of Lucas. I guess it just proves she's related!! I got to hold and nurse her for about 45 minutes before they took her down to the nursery.
Once they left for the nursery I started to get the famous shakes and chills that have come after every birth. The nurse got me already on the gurney to move downstairs and then they didn't have a bed ready for me. I just hung out on the gurney for about an hour before I finally got to my new room.
It seemed like forever before I got to see Jed and our baby girl again!
We've had a few visitors this afternoon including 3 brothers who are so excited that she's finally here!
I'm feeling pretty good and trying to stay up on the meds so the after pains don't get too bad. Jed staying here with me tonight so wish us luck on a restful night!
Friday, July 29, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Awe. Congratulations Valentine Family. We are so happy for you guys. We, of course, adore her name. Thanks so much for the announcement. Our Hadley got had the biggest smile on her face when she read the little note. Again, congrats...she is darling.
Post a Comment