Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Accomplished Much

It's been over two months now since Jed lost his job.  And while I'd rather have him working, sometimes it's nice just having an extra set of hands around.

We finally got around to getting the epoxy on the garage floor.  We split it into two and I helped with the one side.  Jed finished the other side while I was up at my parents the first of July.  I love it.  It shouldn't stain and will be a lot easier to clean out.  It also makes it look nice.  Eventually we're going to arrange so that there is room for both cars!

He's been the barber around here.  This particular day he decided he's give Lucas a Mohawk.  I was not a fan, but Lucas thought it was cool.  I made him shave it before church the next day.  Kody also got a nice buzz.  This was by far the shortest buzz Lucas has ever had, and probably Kody too.

If Jed is outside, Kody wants to be right there.  He was helping Jed pick up the cement pieces from the park strip, load them in the wheelbarrow and haul them to the other side of the house.  He is such a good helper when he's focused, but his attention span usually runs out after a few minutes and then it makes it a bit hard to get things done!

Jed also got to spend that week at Scout Camp and from what I hear, they all had a great time!  Especially lighting their hands on fire, jumping off cliffs & playing intense horseshoe games.  They did get some merit badges passed off.

2 comments:

Chris Grover said...

katie, i'm so sorry about jed. i remember those same feelings back when chris lost his job, really wanting him to be working, but really loved having him around too! looks like you guys are staying positive and making the best of it! good luck on the job hunt.

David and Shayla said...

Hey, I didn't know about Jed. We have been there a couple of times, and things always work out somehow. It looks like he's making good use of spending some time with his family, I love when David will play with the kids.