Yesterday morning Jed called me to say he was on his way home and we needed to talk. When your about to get layed off it appears that there is a lot to discuss! A couple months ago his company had gone bankrupt and were starting under a new name. Apparently they didn't have a place for him in the new company. They said it was because they were to "top heavy". I could have told them that along time ago and saved themselves the hassle of filing bankruptcy!! He could have stayed on with them, but they were cutting his pay quite a bit, taking him off salary and making him a laborer. He's actually been that for quite awhile, but this was the official announcement.
After discussing it and weighing the pros and cons, we decided to take the lay-off. He makes about the same on unemployment as he would with the pay cut. This gives him more opportunity to actually look for a new job. He's really really hoping for a specific job and stopped in there yesterday. They said they'd be hiring in the next 2 to 4 weeks so we have our fingers crossed!
I'm grateful to have my job and I can add him to my insurance. The boys and I were already using mine. My paychecks will be rather measly now, but that's okay... I'd rather insurance!
So wish us luck on our new job hunt. I'm really hoping we don't have to move, but you just never know. In the mean time... I have lots of projects we'll be working on!!
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment