I had so much fun in Arizona. I was there from Saturday to Tuesday afternoon. It was a pretty short trip, but I'm definetly glad that I went. My mom and Nappy had flown in on Friday and they are staying until Saturday. The plane ride down Lucas did really good for the first half and the very end, but there was little part in the middle where I'm sure that the passengers on the plane did not like him! He started to cry because he wanted to get down and run. On the plane ride back, he feel asleep during take off and didn't wake up until I had to put him in the stroller to get the luggage. It was sure nice. The lady sitting next to us was especially glad, I could tell she wasn't happy that she had to sit by a baby. Flying is so fast and nice!!!
Lucas immediately fell in love with my grandpa Clouse and learned how to say "grandpa" while we were down there. They were buddy's the entire time we were there. It was so cute. Now he keeps wondering were Grandpa is. My grandpa had a mini stroke a couple of days after Mother's Day in May. He is doing really well though. When he goes outside he uses a walker, and Lucas thought it was so fun. He would sit in the seat and Grandpa would push him out to get the mail. Lucas was such a good boy. The only time he cried was when he fell head over heels down their stairs. He cried for a minute and then was ready to play some more. We took him swimming a couple of times. Both times he didn't want to get in the water because it was cold and then when he got use to it, he didn't want to get out!!
My mom and her sisters always have some project to do when they get together. Nyla had a quilt that she put on. It's a quilt that her daughter pieced, and it is very pretty. Jeanie was having them help her with bags that she was making for her school class. They turned out so cute. She ended up making more than enough so I got one. It'll make a cute church bag for Lucas.
We also did a lot of "Runs and Bunches" playing, which is always fun. And of course, Grandma always cooks such good food. We have to weigh ourselves daily to make sure we aren't gaining 5 pounds a day. On Saturday we had an evening picnic with most of my Aunt Nyla's kids and their kids, my Aunt Jeanie's family, my mom, Nappy, Lucas and I, and Grandma & Grandpa. It was so fun to see everyone, even if it was extremely hot!! We all had a good time. My grandparents live in a nice condo area, and they just took out one set of tennis courts and made a nice picnic area with grass to play on. Lucas loved hanging out with all of his cousins. He liked to follow all the big kids around and watch what they were doing.
It's always hard for me to leave down there. I have such a great relationship with my grandparents. They have been so good to me. I was able to spend two summers living with them while I was working at my uncles office.
Of course I was excited to come back and see Jed. He wasn't able to come because of work. Both Lucas and I missed him very much. I think he found a way to occupy most of his time with Baseball, Golfing, Movies, and spending time with Landon and Tawnya. When Lucas saw Jed at the airport he was so excited to see his dad, and I was too!
Thursday, June 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Where's the pics?
Post a Comment